Thursday, March 12
The Cornavirus is declared a pandemic and in quick succession events were cancelled, schools were closed and life as we know it has changed, maybe forever.
This blog is for me - it is a journal of sorts to help me record what is happening, how it effects us and what is changing around us.
Day Zero is also the last day I put myself into a large gathering of people. Surprised that the show wasn't cancelled, my daughter and I went. We washed our hands, touched nothing, used hand sanitizer before eating a snack and even then, used a tissue to hold the cookie. My purse was packed for battle - a box of tissues, 2 small bottles of hand sanitizer, commercially packaged wipes plus a baggie of paper towels wet with soap and water.
We changed our seat so there was no one at all to the left, no one immediately in front or behind and a gap of at least 1 seat to the right. The theater itself was maybe half full.
One nice person offered to take our picture but I declined because I didn't want to hand them my phone.
We might have been the very first people to purchase merchandise and I had exact change so no credit card needed to exchange hands.
We showered and washed well when we got home.
How fast things change. On Tuesday, announcements started to come about area schools extending spring break. My daughter's school announced that on Wednesday. But by Thursday, the Spring Break extension would not result in students coming back on campus but a switch to on-line learning.
The NCAA announced Wednesday that they would play but without fans. On Thursday they cancelled all together.
All Disney parks around the world announced that they were closed at least until the end of March.
We are ready to spend several weeks at home avoiding crowds. We've got food, I've got fabric and we've got each other.
The count begins of days begin.
The Cornavirus is declared a pandemic and in quick succession events were cancelled, schools were closed and life as we know it has changed, maybe forever.
This blog is for me - it is a journal of sorts to help me record what is happening, how it effects us and what is changing around us.
Day Zero is also the last day I put myself into a large gathering of people. Surprised that the show wasn't cancelled, my daughter and I went. We washed our hands, touched nothing, used hand sanitizer before eating a snack and even then, used a tissue to hold the cookie. My purse was packed for battle - a box of tissues, 2 small bottles of hand sanitizer, commercially packaged wipes plus a baggie of paper towels wet with soap and water.
We changed our seat so there was no one at all to the left, no one immediately in front or behind and a gap of at least 1 seat to the right. The theater itself was maybe half full.
One nice person offered to take our picture but I declined because I didn't want to hand them my phone.
We might have been the very first people to purchase merchandise and I had exact change so no credit card needed to exchange hands.
We showered and washed well when we got home.
How fast things change. On Tuesday, announcements started to come about area schools extending spring break. My daughter's school announced that on Wednesday. But by Thursday, the Spring Break extension would not result in students coming back on campus but a switch to on-line learning.
The NCAA announced Wednesday that they would play but without fans. On Thursday they cancelled all together.
All Disney parks around the world announced that they were closed at least until the end of March.
We are ready to spend several weeks at home avoiding crowds. We've got food, I've got fabric and we've got each other.
The count begins of days begin.
Comments
Post a Comment